Template/background

Tuesday 30 August 2011

One more week and the school summer holidays are over, well at least for one child! As Thing 1 will reside full time in his classroom next Tuesday, Thing 2 will still be stuck by my side until Thursday, then he will go, but only afternoons until Monday 19th. It feels like forever when all he wants to do is go to school now. Thing 2 is so excited.

Today in the world of SW has not been a great one. I've had a massive gain off the back on my 2 bad nights, So it is time to buckle down again. So with my head screwed firmly in place I have a big bubbling pot of Butternut Squash and Bacon Soup on the go, and I have a week full of meals planned.

Tuesday is also the day I get my Graze box. I love this product so much. I get one box a week and there are four tubs of snacks in there. Each week they are slightly different. If you want to try a free box click the link and enter the code MJPMP5D3 you can also follow them here on Twitter.

So with my organization head on I have arrange myself a list of days to tick off as I do them. I now have 112 days of 100% days ahead of me until the last weigh in for Christmas. Speaking of which, hands up who has bought their first present yet?

And just because... as I usually do I've been meandering through my favourite blogs and I am now daydreaming about this dessert/treat from Lindsay at Gingerbread Bagels.

2 comments:

  1. Hi i think its finally let me follow you! only taken a week!

    lovely blog, didn't realise they did the phase it to full time school over a long period, is that for all the kiddies in his year or only some? (can you tell i don't have kids!)

    How do you work the syns out for the graze boxes? people at work get them but they always seems to get a lot of nuts and berries which i think are quite syn full xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph, I'm glad you can now come and play.

    At The Things' school they phase in the F2 students. Birthdays before January go full time, Jan-May mornings only and May-August afternoons only for the 1st week and a bit. Not all schools still do this phasing.

    As for the Graze boxes, some of them can be quite high on the syns, but not always the nut ones. Punnets including nuts are usually around the 10 syn mark. Recently they've been lower (apart from the mini flapjacks which were either 3 or 4 syns each). It's a great way of learning portion control. They all come with nutritional information so you can work them out on the Syns Calculator on SW Online.
    xx

    ReplyDelete